Auction Closed. Sold via Buy Now. Next Auction Monday, October 19.
It’s a great view across Island Pond Lake from Brighton State Park.
Thanks to my friend and fellow artist Jonah Petre for suggesting it.
I think every artist probably has a “Personal Why”.
Motivation to create can be fickle and fleeting.
Knowing exactly why I paint keeps me pointed in the right direction.
Size: 12X16 (auctioned unframed)
Medium: Oil on panel
The Song Remains the Same
When I stop for a moment to review my lifetime of art, a lot has changed.
Thankfully on most days, I can convince myself I’m evolving in a positive way.
I came across a journal entry from 2009 last week titled “Why I Paint”.
Some things haven’t changed…
Why I Paint
- To experience discovery, wonder, and joy.
- To have fun.
- To exercise the mind, heart, and soul.
- To create something beautiful, exciting, happy.
- To express my personal feeling for or about a subject.
- To work hard and appreciate the experience of accomplishment and doing my best.
- To learn, grow, bloom.
- To expose my intuition to the light of day.
- To connect with others and share a mutual appreciation for life, art, and Vermont.
- To communicate not what something looks like, but what it feels like.
Leave a Reply